To be eligible, a student must meet the following requirements:
- Have legal settlement in Indiana
- Be accepted for enrollment into a participating school that is located in Indiana
- Be between the ages of 5 and 22 no later than August 1 of the school year
- Live in a household at or below the household income limits
- Have been enrolled in an Indiana public school (grade 1 through 12, charters included) that did not charge the individual transfer tuition for at least two (2) semesters before applying for a Choice Scholarship; or
- Have received a scholarship from one of the following in a previous school year:
- Educational Choice Charitable Trust
- School Scholarship Granting Organization of Northeast Indiana
- Tuition Assistance Fund of Southwestern Indiana
- North Central Indiana Scholarship Granting Organization
- Sagamore Institute
The chart below illustrates the income levels for eligibility based on your household size.
Note that a household size of 1 has been created to cover emancipated minor children who are still in school.